When your energy levels are down, you need a post-workout pick-me-up or simply want to satisfy your sugar-cravings a chocolate avocado pudding is always here to the rescue.
This amazing raw, sugar-free, dairy-free dessert has amazing nutritional value using only 5 simple main ingredients.
This exotic fruit is a great way to eat more healthy fats that most of us are deficient in (most of us need a 50 to 70 percent increase in healthy fat intake) and can be easily burned for energy. Avocados are also rich in vitamins and potassium (more than twice the amount found in a banana), a mineral that helps muscles recover after workout and prevents cramping. Most experts believe you don’t need to spurge on organic avocados as they normally don’t contain high levels of pesticides and are considered one of the safest fruits.
Bananas too are a good source of potassium but also provide the body with fast released carbohydrates that give us energy.
Raw cocoa is a true superfood, bursting with flavonoids, potent antioxidants. A glass of cocoa (using pure cocoa powder) actually contains approximately twice as much antioxidants as a glass of red wine or a cup of green tea.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa
- 1/4 cup honey, agave or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plant milk (like homemade almond milk)
- himalayan salt
- Optional: 1 scoop vegan protein powder
- Blend ingredients in a food processor. I love my Blendtec Twister jar for the job but any regular food processor will work.
- Eat the pudding immediately or keep it in the refrigerator to cool.