Delicious coconut milk with a rich coconut aroma that you can make in your own kitchen? It’s actually so easy and quick you’ll be wondering why you’ve never done this before!
Store bought coconut milk is made of young coconut meat and coconut water and has an unbeatable nutritional value due to a high healthy fat, mineral and vitamin content. When looking for a milk substitute though, that is raw, vegan, delicious and inexpensive, this homemade coconut milk does an amazing job.
All we need to prepare it is desiccated coconut that we usually use to make different kinds of pastry and water.
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 cups water
- pinch of salt
- pinch of bourbon vanilla
- healthy natural sweetener to taste
- Use a quality high speed blender to blend the coconut and water
- Pour the milk into a nut milk bag and strain into a bowl
- Add salt, vanilla and sweetener to taste
- Take the coconut out of the nut bag and dehydrate it to use it in your recipes