Getting your 5-a-day alone can be difficult enough, but how to include more superfoods into your diet when your days are at least 10 hours too short? This is where you meet your new best friend – the blender.
There really is no simpler way of eating more fruit, greens and superfoods than by tossing them into the blender jar and pressing the On button. But instead of always making smoothies for in between meals, why not blending up some superfood bowls that can substitute a meal altogether?
This green chia acai bowl is packed with nutrients and is a simple way of sneaking in some fresh greens for your kids (or maybe even hiding them from yourself, wink). If you’re in a hurry, make sure you pre-grind your chia seeds so the bowl is ready to eat immediately, without the unnecessary soaking time.
– Chia seeds – an amazing source of omega-3 amino acids, protein, and fiber
– Acai powder – have one of the highest ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) values, making them an amazing antioxidant
– Fresh spinach leaves – rich in iron, vitamins and minerals
– Berries – antioxidant powerhouses
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 handful of fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons of ground chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons of acai powder
- 1/3 cup of berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- a few dashes of water or plant milk
- Put all ingredients in the blender.
- Add enough water or plant milk to be able to blend the ingredients.
- Blend and serve with fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, rolled oats or granola.
- Makes one bowl.